Thursday, November 1, 2012

Colin Update


They say distance makes the heart grow fonder. They say a lot of things that will eventually turn into a picture on pinterest, but this quote is so significant and important to me. The love of my life is serving the Lord in Angola Africa right now and is absolutely killing it. For as long as I've known Col, his dedication and hard working attitude is something I've loved about him from day 1. He doesn't do anything half way and will not stop until it's done right. This includes his missionary work. He is blessing the lives of so many people in Angola. I can only imagine the impact the people there are making on his life, and vis-a-versa.
Both of our lives turned when he left, I don't think either of us really knew how to go on without one another. But with each day passing, I look and see how much the lord has blessed the both of us in this process, I not only see amazing changes in my boyfriend, but also in myself. I'm growing into the woman that I want to be and who God, and Col want and need me to be.
While he's been gone I've gone through so many phases, grief, sadness, anger, distancing myself from others, you name it. I really had no idea how to act. I joined singles ward with LC and tried the whole talking to boys and dating thing, but it just wasn't for me. Dates are fun, but RMs that want to be serious isn't ha ha. My heart is in Africa and it'll be there until April of 2014. I'm so proud of Colin and the person he is. I thank Heavenly Father DAILY and consistently for the sincere blessing that Colin is. I am so incredibly lucky to have Colin as my other half. He really is just that though.
My other Half.
So without further adieu, here's the boy of my dreams...





No comments:

Post a Comment